At 1st National Bank, we respect the privacy expectations of our customers and we recognize our obligation to keep the information you provide to us secure and confidential. Our commitment is based on the principles and guidelines described below. The policies and practices described in this disclosure are subject to change, but we will communicate any significant changes to you as required by applicable law. The policies and practices described in this disclosure replace all previous notices or statements regarding this subject.
Information Collection and Use of Information
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income.
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others such as your account balance and payment history.
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. For example, we are permitted by law to share nonpublic personal information about you with:
• Our affiliates such as account history and experiences and information we have received from a consumer reporting agency or other third party.
• Non-Affiliated Third parties as necessary to serve your needs such as specialists that perform business operations for us (i.e. check printers).
• Others only as permitted or required by law such as federal, state or local authorities (i.e. respond to a subpoena).
Restrictions on the Disclosure of Account Information
The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires that we notify you of your right to ask that we not share certain credit information with companies affiliated with 1st National Bank If you do not want such (i.e. Consumer Credit Reports) shared among 1st National Bank and its affiliates, please complete the attached Opt Out Notice.
Protecting Customer Information
We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose. For example:
• We limit employee access to customer information to those who need to know this information in order to service customer relationships.
• We maintain policies and procedures covering the proper physical security of workplaces and records.
• Our physical, electronic and procedural safeguards comply with federal standards regarding the protection of customer information.
• We require independent contractors and outside companies who work with us to adhere to our strict privacy standards.
Internet and Electronic Communication
Protecting Our Children
We do not knowingly solicit data from children and we do not knowingly market to children. We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so resides with both the online industry and with the parents.
© 2012. 1st National Bank, St. Lucia. All Rights Reserved.